Terms and Conditions of Use
The Terms and Conditions for Clients (hereinafter referred to as the "Terms") represent a legal contract concluded between CEC Bank S.A., a credit institution established in Romania, with headquarters in Bucharest, Calea Victoriei no. 13, District 3, phone: 021.314.28.68, fax: 021.310.09.11, Trade Register no. J40 / 155/1997, Bank Register no. RB – PJR – 40–046 / 17.09.1999, share capital of 2,290,661,600 lei, VAT code RO 361897, Tax ID Code CUI 361897 and you (the “Client”).
We recommend that you read these Terms in full before deciding whether to accept and continue the registration process. If you do not agree with any of the provisions of the Terms or of the Notification regarding the processing of personal data included in the CEC Pay App, please do not access, browse or use the App nor the software, services, information, materials or other such elements included in the App.
If, at any time following the registration in CEC Pay App, you decide that you do not agree with these Terms, please uninstall the App.
The terms and conditions of CEC Pay App use, as specified in this document, are and will be governed and construed according with Romanian law.
The Terms are establishing how you can use the cards in CEC Pay App. The Terms are supplemented by the General Business Conditions of CEC Bank, as well as with the characteristics of the loyalty programs and interest-free installment payment service, in the case of credit cards. All these documents are available on the bank's website, www.cec.ro.
In order to be able to use the App, respectively to be able to view and / or enjoy the services included in the App, it is necessary to be CEC Bank client and to have at least one debit or credit card issued to a natural and / or legal person.
By registering in the App you confirm that you are 18 years old and that you have not been denied the right to use a service like the one provided by CEC Pay.
CEC Bank takes all possible actions against the inappropriate use of this App and its facilities. CEC Bank will monitor your use of the App to ensure that it complies with these Terms and that the services are not used in an abusive manner.
CEC Pay is a secure computer App, in the form of a digital wallet, accessible via a mobile phone with Internet connection, where users can operate the following:
- add Visa cards issued on their name by CEC Bank;
- make contactless (NFC) payments with registered Visa cards (available only for users of Android devices with NFC function);
- money transfers to other CEC Pay users, between own cards and cards issued by other banks from Romania or abroad;
- register loyalty cards (by mnual adding);
- viewing the details of the cards added and the transactions executed with these cards, including their balances;
- setting the receipt of push notification alerts for transactions executed with physical cards and with cards registered in the App;
- restrict certain type of transactions (ATM/MFM, international, online);
- restrict transactions exceeding a certain value;
- suspend all transactions made with the card until its reactivation (in case of card loss, etc.);
The changes / settings / restrictions made at the level of the card registered in the App will also apply to the physical card
Details about CEC Pay App and its functionality are available to the users on https://www.cec.ro/cec-pay/. Contactless payments (NFC) are available in the App only for users of mobile phones with Android operating systems.
The App can be used on iOS and Android operating systems and needs to be installed from dedicated stores (Google Play Store - for Android, respectively App Store for iOS).
CEC Bank reserves the right to add new functionalities of the App, with regard to which it will notify users within the App.
3.1. User registration and identification
In order to register in CEC Pay App and create an account, the user must provide the following mandatory information: name and first name; e-mail address, validated by entering the code received by e-mail; user name (nickname) and password to be used; default card data (card number, expiry date);
Multiple accounts with the same default card attached and / or the same email address cannot be created.
It is necessary to proceed with the manual entry of the card data, an operation described below in the "Card registration" section. Registration may be carried out by the above mentioned methods, both for the main cards and for the cards issued on the account of a legal person or for the additional cards, in the case of a natural person (card issued by the Bank on the client's account, at his request, on the name of a third person designated by the client).
3.2. User’s authentication to access and use CEC Pay
The App can be used only if the phone is secured by password, fingerprint or other method of security offered by the phone. When adding the first card in CEC Pay, check if the phone is secure. After the first card is added, every time you access the App, the phone's security is checked. The chosen security method will also be used when authenticating contactless payments and transfers.
You agree and understand that you are responsible for keeping the confidentiality of the connection data associated with your use of CEC Pay Appl and for taking all reasonable measures to preserve the confidentiality of this information.
If you use the Service as a company, you agree that all officials, employees, agencies, representatives and all other persons holding a legal entity card issued on their name, will be authorized to access the App, make payments by phone, view the limits set on the card issued on their name, suspend the use of the card and limit the execution of certain types of transactions or transactions over a certain value.
You undertake to notify CEC Bank immediately, without undue delay, when you notice the absence, theft, illegal appropriation or unauthorized use of your Login Data, as well as the of mobile phone you use to access CEC Pay. You also agree to notify in the same manner CEC Bank immediately, without undue delay, with regard to any other Service-related security breach you are aware of.
Notification can be communicated:
- by selecting the "Mobile Apps for Payment with digital wallet type phone" option after accessing the "Contact" section on www.cec.ro website;
- by calling (004) 021. 202.69.99 / 315.71.00 phone numbers;
- at the bank’s agencies.
CEC Bank may suspend the use of your Login Data or your Account in cases where it suspects their security was compromised or the existence of an unauthorized or fraudulent use.
CEC Bank will inform you in advance or, where this is not possible, immediately after the suspension of your login data use or Account use, specifying the reasons for the suspension, except when providing such information could compromise the reasonable security measures or would violate the laws. CEC Bank will reactivate your Login Data or your Account or provide you with New Login Data or New Account, as soon as possible after eliminating the reasons which caused the initial suspension.
3.3 Card registration
In CEC Pay App, the users can add only cards issued by CEC Bank:
a) natural person - cards issued on the name of the holder and the additional cards (card issued by the bank on the client's account, at the latter’s request, on the name of a third person designated by the client), registered as such in the Bank system;
b) legal entity - the cards issued on the name of card users.
Users can add CEC Bank cards to CEC Pay by manually adding the card details: card number, first and last name (as mentioned on the card), expiry date, CVV code (the 3-digit code on the back of the card).
In order to validate the card registration, the user can either choose to receive a code by SMS on the phone number declared at the time of opening the business relationship with CEC Bank or of updating the data in the Bank's system or by calling the phone number indicated in the App.
In the case of legal persons’ cards issued on the name of users, the code for the validation of the card will be sent to the phone number of the card user, registered as such in the Bank's system.
In case of phones with Android operating system, to perform contactless payments (NFC), adding the card and validating it leads to the allocation of a payment token (alternative virtual card number) for the relevant card, such token being associated to the card on the relevant phone.
In case of phones with IOS operating system, card details are validated without a payment token, such token being required only in case of NFC payments.
By validating the card, the user understands that the card can be used for financial operations, for example: contactless payment (only for phones with Android operating system), transfers on the card and from the card, viewing the history of transaction operated with the card, viewing the mount available on the card.
The user of a card registered in the App will receive e-mail notifications both when accessing the following options: setting transfer limits on digital and physical cards, suspending the use of the card, limiting the execution of certain types of transactions or transactions over a certain value, as well as in case of other types of changes which impact the account or card registered in the App.
Below are described the features available in CEC Pay App. These can be supplemented with new features, communicated through https://www.cec.ro/cec-pay/ webpage.
A) Payments by phone
The user can make contactless payments (NFC) with any of the cards registered on the devices with Android operating system and with NFC technology incorporated. Additional details are available on www.cec.ro/cec-pay/ghid-android website
In the Settings menu of the App, the user can customise the payment experience and secure the transactions by authorizing transactions exceeding a certain value or number. At the same time, the daily trading ceilings set at card level will also apply when using the cards in CEC Pay App.
B) Money transfers
Money transfers through CEC Pay App will allow users to initiate sending money to won cards and to cards issued by other banks, as well as to request money receipt from user-edited phone numebrs which are/are not saved oin the phone Contacts (CEC Pay users or non-users).
This option is valid for both operating systems: Android and iOS, with Internet connection.
Additional details are available at:
Transfers (money submission, money request) are limited by daily thresholds on the card, both as amount and as number of transactions:
- in case of national transfers: minimum 10 lei / transaction, maximum 4500 lei / day / card and maximum 6500 lei / month / card, maximum 5 transactions / day / card and maximum 15 transactions / month / card;
- in case of international transfers: minimum 10 lei / transaction, maximum 4500 lei / day / card and maximum 6500 lei / month / card, maximum 10 transactions / day / card and maximum 20 transactions / month / card.
Transfers (money submission, money request) are charged as follows:
- Payments made between cards issued by CEC Bank are free;
- Payments made from debit cards to cards issued by other banks in the country and abroad are charged with 3 lei per transaction;
- Payments made from credit cards to cards issued by other banks in the country and abroad are charged with 7 lei per transaction;
- Receipts are free.
For each transaction, the user is informed regarding the value of the fee, his/her acceptance being required in this regard.
Money transfers are allowed to debit and credit cards issued by financial-banking institutions from the following countries: Romania, Italy, Spain, France, Germany, United Kingdom, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Holland, Belgium, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Austria.
C) Viewing the history of transactions and amount available on cards
The user can view the transactions operated on any card added in CEC Pay App, for instance but without limitation to: ATM/MFM cash withdrawals, payments at merchants’ POS terminals, Internet payments, payments by CEC Pay App, transfers (money submission, money request) made by CEC Pay App, certain types of loans, etc.
The user can view the the amount available on each CEC Pay registered card. Card amount is updated after each transaction performed with the physical card or by CEC Pay App.
D) Additional settings of cards
In CEC Pay App, card users will be able to operate the following additional settings:
- view the details of the cards added and the transactions made with these cards, including their balance;
- set receiving alerts for transactions made with physical cards and with the cards registered in the App;
- restrict certain types of transactions (ATM / MFM, international, online);
- restrict transactions which exceed a certain value;
- suspend all transactions with the card until it is reactivated (lost card, etc.);
The user of the card registered in the App will receive notifications by e-mail both for making these changes and for other types of changes which impact the account or the card registered in the App.
In order to use CEC Pay at the time of registration you must represent and warrant the following:
- that you have the right, authority and full exercise capacity to access and use the App;
- that you are the holder of the cards you add in CEC Pay App;
- that you will not disclose the phone unlock password to any third party, given that by disclosing it you will be exposes to the risk that the payment cards registered in the App could be used by other persons. You are solely responsible to maintain the confidentiality and security of the data entered in CEC Pay App and the confidentiality of phone unlock password. Moreover, you are responsible for activities of any kind operated in your account;
- that you undertake to notify us immediately with regard to any unauthorized use of your account or any breach of account security that you become aware of or which you should reasonably suspect. However, regardless of this notification, we will not be liable for any losses you may incur as a result of unauthorized use of your account. (regardless of whether such use occurs with or without your knowledge);
- that you must to notify us in case of disappearance, loss or theft of the mobile phone on which the CEC Pay App is installed;
- that you will not falsify or provide incorrect information about your identity or intentions regarding anything which would be related to the App;
- that you will not send, distribute or provide any information or materials which are wholly or partly illegal, false, fraudulent or inadequate, offensive or violating public order and good morals;
- that you will ensure and maintain the physical and logical security of the phone, according to the manufacturer's specifications and good practices;
- that you will update the operating system according to the manufacturer's specifications and that you will use only the official versions of the operating system as provided by the manufacturer;
- that you will not disable the security protections of the operating systems recommended by the telephone manufacturer;
- that you will install CEC Pay App only from the dedicated stores - Google Play Store and App Store, Romania, published by CEC Bank;
- that you will not to install apps from unofficial sources, such being possible to compromise the security of the App;
- that you will not violate any right provided by law, property rights, intangible rights, the right of confidentiality or personal data of others;
- that you will not use the content of the App to resell, distribute or exploit the services rendered;
- that you will access the accounts opened on your name as user of the physical activity monitoring apps and you will keep the confidentiality of these data;
- In order to use the App, you acknowledge that you have read these Terms, that you agree to these and the processing of the personal data specified in the Notification regarding the processing of personal data within the CEC Pay App;
- by using the App you will not violate any law or regulation of the country in which you live, the responsibility for complying with all applicable local laws and regulations resting solely with you.
The termination of CEC Pay use by the user may occur in the following situations:
a) at the initiative of the user, by uninstalling the App from his/her device;
b) at the initiative of the bank, if it is found that the user does not comply with the rules of an appropriate conduct, a fact which may cause prejudices of any kind to the bank, as well as with the present Terms;
c) at the end of the business relation between the Client and the Bank.
We may also suspend or change CEC Pay immediately, for any reason, including when the App requires repair or maintenance works. We can add new functions periodically and we have no obligation to offer any specific function through CEC Pay App. We can withdraw CEC Pay, but in this case we will notify you with at least 30 days in advance.
We are entitled to change these Terms at any time by publishing the modified Terms in the CEC Pay App. In this case the users will be notified through the App with at least 2 months before the proposed date when such changes come into force. The term of 2 months will not apply to the changes imposed by the implementation of new legal provisions, such changes being implemented according to the date of relevant regulation entry into force. The use of the App after the change implementation date will be deemed as implicit acceptance of the new Terms.
In case, additional Services made available in the App will be implemented, these services will be subject to the same rules and conditions as included in these clauses, if said services will not be accompanied by different terms.
The user expressly declares that he/he is aware that all graphic creation, App content and accessed audio-video materials are the property of the Bank. The information, graphic elements owned by other entities, which are the property of partners, are exempted from this clause.
The user agrees that any software used in connection with the services provided via the App contains confidential information that is under ownership right, being protected by the laws regarding the intellectual, industrial property and other applicable laws.
The user undertakes not to reproduce, copy, sell or operate the services, information and / or audio-video materials to which he has access as a result of using this App, in whole or in part.
The user is forbidden to modify, copy, rent, transfer, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative materials based on the services or programs used within the App.
The CEC Pay App is provided only for your personal use. Not all CEC Pay services will be operational an all types of mobile phones.
Details are available on:
You agree to the fact that the App will not be supplied free of errors or continuously, that some flaws will not be rectified at the time of their occurrence.
The user of the App is responsible for the use of the App. CEC Bank cannot be held responsible for the effects generated due to the use of the App by the user or third parties, the costs generated by the use of the App or by the access of third parties to certain personal and / or confidential information or personal data through the App. In order to limit potential damages caused by the use of the App by third parties, CEC Bank recommends that you do not alienate / lend your phone, disclose the method of unlocking the device and give your card to other persons.
CEC Bank cannot control the operating system of the phone used by you. Thus CEC Bank is not responsible for any damages caused to the mobile phone, including but without limitation to any security breach determined by viruses, errors, frauds, falsification, omissions, interruptions, malfunctions, delays in operations or transmissions, computerized lines or failure of the network or any other technical malfunction.
As such, we will not be liable for any loss or damage that we or you could not foreseen within reasonable limits on the date you started using CEC Pay or which is not under our control.
Also, we will not be liable for:
a. any loss or damage (moral or patrimonial) due to non-compliance with these Terms;
b. the accuracy of the data included in the Apps, the availability or reliability of any information, content made available by any third party App, for example the physical activity monitoring apps. As such, we are not liable for any damages or losses caused or presumed to be caused by or in connection with the use of or dependence on such third party Apps;
c. the health issues which could result from the use of these devices and Apps or the physical exercises performed by the user;
d. any loss or corruption of your data, where such loss or corruption is not caused by us or is not under our control within the reasonable limits. Also, we would like to advise you that CEC Bank is not liable to you and / or to third parties for any direct or indirect damages, including, but not limited to loss of profit, unrealized gains and / or inability to exploit business opportunities or any other similar losses suffered by you as a result of the lack of App or services use or inadequate quality of the services.
In case of a dispute/ misunderstanding regarding the use of the App, we will try to solve the relevant dispute amicably, the negotiations in this regard being governed by our good faith.
All disputes will be settled by the competent courts in Romania, except in cases where the legislation in force specifies another exclusive jurisdiction for you.
Conflicts, disputes and misunderstandings regarding the signing, implementation, execution and modification of the contracts concluded between clients and the Bank will be solved by the parties amicably, by means of alternative dispute resolution:
- natural persons: Alternative Settlement, Mediation, Conciliation, Arbitration Center (CSALB)
- legal persons: mediation, conciliation, arbitration,
and where an amicable settlement, agreed by both parties, is not reached, the settlement of disputes regarding the signing, implementation, execution and modification of the contracts concluded between clients and the Bank will be forwarded to the competent courts according to the applicable laws.