Information on the application by CEC Bank of the provisions of the Law no. 258/2017
1. In accordance with the dispositions of the Law no. 258/2017, regarding the comparability of the fees/commissions related to the payment accounts, the changing of such payment accounts and the access to the payment account with basic services, CEC Bank offers to clients classified as natural persons, the payment account with basic services.
2. The payment account with basic services is provided to applicants in compliance with the provisions of the Law 258/2017, both in terms of types of operations / services included and in terms of the level of costs applied, as follows:
(1) A payment account with basic services shall comprise the following services:
a) services which allow all operations necessary for the opening, administration and closing of a payment account;
b) services allowing funds to be deposited in a payment account;
c) services which enable cash withdrawals from an account to be made across the European Union at the counter or ATMs, during or after the working hours of the credit institution;
d) performing the following payment transactions within the European Union:
(i) direct debits;
(ii) payment transactions through a payment card, including online payments;
(iii) credit transfers, including scheduled payment orders, as appropriate, to bank terminals, counters and through the credit institution's online facilities.
In case of consumers who do not meet the conditions stipulated in art. 4 lett. e), credit institutions:
a) the services provided under art. 48 par. (1) lett. a) and b);
b) the services provided under art. 48 par. (1) lett. c), if they are provided at counters or ATMs on national territory;
c) Fees/commissions charged for operations that exceed the minimum number of operations are no higher than those charged in accordance with the credit institution's usual pricing policy.
In cazul consumatorilor care nu indeplinesc conditiile prevazute la art. 4 lit. e), institutiile de credit:
a) provide free of charge the services that allow all the operations necessary for the opening or closing of a payment account and the services provided under art. 48 par. (1) lett. c);
b) may charge reasonable fees/commissions for the services provided under art. 48 par. (1), except for the services referred to at lett. a).
3. At the same time, CEC Bank informs the applicants that, in accordance with the provisions of art. 41 of the Law no. 258/2017, clients who do not have another payment account at the time of request, including an account of basic payments with another credit institution in Romania, may benefit from the opening of a payment account with basic services, while the fulfilment of this condition will be certified by the applicant through a declaration on own responsibility:
(1) All credit institutions shall offer to clients payment accounts with basic services, as provided in art. 48, in order to guarantee access to them to all clients on the national territory and, also, to prevent the distortion of competition.
(2) Clients who do not hold another payment account, including a basic payment account, at the time of request, with any other credit institution in Romania, benefit from the opening of a payment account with basic services, except in the case when the consumer declares to have been notified of the closure of his account.
(3) The fulfilment of the condition stipulated in par. (2) shall be established by the credit institution on the basis of its own inquiries, according to the legislation in force, or the declaration on own responsibility of the client.
4. In accordance with the provisions of art. 14 of the Law no. 258/2017, CEC Bank informs clients of their right to choose between any payment services account and a payment account with basic services:
ART. 14Providers of payment services shall inform clients in good time, clearly and unequivocally, before concluding a payment account contract with them, as regards their right to choose between any payment account and a payment account with basic services, as well as concerning the costs associated with those payment accounts.
5. In the case of clients requesting the opening of a payment account with basic services, vulnerable from the financial point of view, proof of falling in the mentioned condition is made on the basis of the income documents presented by the client in this respect.
6. The financial vulnerability criterion is reviewed periodically by the Bank on the basis of the documents provided by the clients as it results from the contract for the purchasing of a payment account with basic services, a contract that will be made available to them at the time of opening the account.