1. What CEConline is?
It is an Internet Banking Service offered by CEC Bank, ensuring your access to our banking products and services, 24 hours/day for 7 days a week. You can execute different banking operations from your office, from home or from anywhere in the world. All you need is a PC and a connection to Internet. You save time, money and comfort.2. How do I obtain access to CEConline? I also want it! How can I make, how much do I pay?
To use this Service you must have firstly a current account in lei opened with one of the CEC Bank subsidiaries/agencies. File in the contract for the use of the Internet Banking Service and the application for access / access change to the Internet Banking Service of CEC Bank. You will receive the connection data and an authentication device giving you 24 hours/day access to the Bank products and services. A guarantee per DIGIPASS and a monthly subscription shall be charged according to the charge and fee rates. In addition, all the operations made by CEConline benefit of a fee reduction by 30% compared to the fee rates charged to the pay desk.3. What benefits do I have if I use CEConline?
Mobility: access from any Internet connection;
Security: same protection level as that for the informatics system of the Bank;
Time saving: processing time significantly reduced;
Stress and crowd avoidance;
Costs per transaction implicitly lower: fees by 30% lower than those charged at the Bank pay desk;
Availability: non stop, from any device connected to Internet.4. How is the information transmission between you and the Bank protected? Are the transactions safe? Which are the warranties?
- the customer-Bank communication is encrypted by using the 128 bits 3.0 SSL protocol;
- authentication device protected by a PIN code necessary to authorize your access to Internet Banking;
- access of the users is made based on the username and the unique code generated by authentication device;
- digital signature of transactions is also made with the code generated by authentication device, to ensure the non-rejection;
- system security is increased by the measures to protect the network by firewall;
- the system automatically disconnect a user after 10 minutes of inactivity;
- automat blockage of the authentication device after 3 wrong attempts to enter the PIN code;
- automat blockage of the user after 3 unsuccessful attempts to log to the application.
5. How is the personal identification made?
Personal identification is made based on the username and access code. The username is chosen by you and may consist of a succession of maximum 8 alphanumeric characters and/or figures. The access code is the code formed of 6 hexadecimal characters generated by authentication device. These characters are: figures from 0 to 9 and letters from A to F, b and d being the only lowercases in order not to be confused with the figures 0 and 8.6. What authentication device is?
The DIGIPASS token/token in the form of bank card is the device calculating a dynamic password known also as “one time password”, with which one user of the Internet Banking Platform of CEC Bank can identify itself for the access in the system and can authorize the operations ordered through the platform. This password is generated using the 3DES cryptographic algorithm and it is valid for a determined period of time. The device is protected by an access code called PIN (Personal Identification Number). Only knowing this code, you will be able to generate the password used by the INTERNET BANKING Platform.7. What PIN is?
The Personal Identification Number (PIN) consists of 4 figures which protect the access to the security authentication device. This code is established by the customer upon the receiving of the authentication device and subsequently, it may be changed.
IMPORTANT! To ensure the security of the transactions, CEC Bank will recommend you NOT to write the PIN code in a visible place and even more, not on the authentication device.8. How can I change the PIN?
After the authentication device generates the access code made of 6 alphanumeric characters, keep pressed the button marked by a triangle for few seconds. On the screed will appear the message “NEW PIN”, and you must enter the new PIN code desired. After entering the 4 figures, on the screen appears the message “PIN CONF” and you must repeat the new PIN. If you enter for the second time the same new PIN, the message will be “NEW PIN CONF” and this PIN shall be the PIN code which will protect from now the DIGIPASS device. Otherwise, the message will be “FAIL” and you will have to resume the above procedure to change the PIN. You may change anytime, the PIN previously established.9. What does it happen if I entered an erroneous PIN code?
a) DIGIPASS authentication device
If you enter three consecutively times an erroneous PIN code, it appears the message "FAIL 3 LOCK PIN” and the relevant device is locked. To unlock it, it is necessary to execute the following steps:
- call the customer support service of the Bank at the phone number 0800 800 848 or +40-(0)21-202.50.50;
- open the device pressing on the button marked by triangle. The device will display a code which you must communicate to the Bank personnel;
- you will receive another code furnished by the Bank which you must enter by using the device keypad. Now, the device is unlocked and you will be able to use it again, after you establish a new PIN code.
b) Authentication device in the form of bank card
If you enter the wrong PIN three times in succession, messages appear successively :
- PINERR > 1 PINERR > 2 , and after PINERR > 3 is displayed : PUK >. Enter the code to unlock the device .
To find the code, the user will contact the Call Center service provided by CEC Bank and he will provide the card number.
After correctly entering the PUK code comunicated by the Call Center, the device is unlocked and you can use it again after you set a new PIN.10. What can I do if I lost the security DIGIPASS device or if it was stolen from me?
In case of loosing or stealing of the security DIGIPASS device, we kindly ask you to communicate immediately to the emergency service of the Bank, at the phone number +40-(0)21-202.50.50 or 0800 800 848 in order to block the Internet Banking user account.11. How can I get help?
To be assisted in using the CEConline Service, CEC Bank offers you the following alternatives:
- a User Handbook informing you on the method to access different functions of the service - posted on the website https://www.ceconline.ro
- one Help function proper for each type of operation as displayed by the Internet Banking Platform in the upper right part ( “?“);
- one user guide for the authentication device – offered upon the signature of the contract, which may be also accessed online, on the website https://www.ceconline.ro
as well as on the website www.cec.ro
- technical assistance service by phone, at the phone numbers +40-(0)21-202.50.50 or 0800 800 848;
- technical assistance service by email at the address email@example.com
or by the message service within the Internet Banking Platform.12. Transactions which can be made through the current account by using CEConline:
- visualization of the transactions and account statements;
- consultation of the current account reports (background, operations);
- intra and inter-banking payments in lei;
- intra and inter-banking payments in foreign currencies;
- planned (regular) payments;
- pending payments (promissory notes having specified a payment due term other than the current day);
- loading of the payment files from the customer platforms into the Internet Banking Platform;
- currency exchanges at firm and negotiated (for amounts exceeding EURO 10,000 or equivalent) exchange rates;
- opening and liquidation of deposits;
- remittance of the payment execution confirmation documents;
- payments to the utility suppliers with whom CEC Bank has concluded agreements.13. What transactions can be made by the card account?
By the card account you can make INTRA-BANKING and INTER-BANKING payments as well as payments to the utility suppliers with whom the Bank has concluded agreements.14. How much does it last a transaction ordered by using the CEConline Service?
After making every transaction, verify the messages received from the Bank which you can visualize in the Messages/Received Messages Menu. These messages will contain the status of the operations transmitted to the Bank (“successfully processed”, “rejected with the error …..”, “to be executed on the next banking day”, etc.).
IMPORTANT! The limit hour for processing each type of operation appears on the bottom of the screen.15. May my wife/husband have access to CEConline Service using the same username?
Both the username and the PIN of authentication device are strictly personal. If you disclose them to a third party you do it on your own responsibility.16. May I make transactions during the night or the weekend?
Yes. The CEConline Service may be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, offering you access to the private information about your personal accounts anytime and anywhere in the world. However, due to technical reasons, sometimes the Service can be interrupted for a short time. The transactions ordered during the night and in weekend will be processed on the next working day. To verify their execution, please consult the messages received from the Bank in Messages/Received Messages Menu.17. Which are the operations for free?
The operations with no charges made by using the CEConline Service are those in connection to the account balances and account statements, the operations between the own accounts (opening/liquidation, deposits and currency exchanges) and the intra-banking payments in lei, including payments to the utility suppliers with whom CEC Bank S.A. has concluded agreements.18. What does “phishing” mean?
“Phishing” is a fraudulent attempt to steal your personal banking information. Usually appears as a message supposed to be sent by the bank, where you must click by this operation being captured your banking information (access password, card number, etc.) Ignore such messages!
CEC Bank will never ask you for your CEConline connection (by phone or email) data. These codes are personal and they must not be disclosed to anyone.
Ignore the emails which are likely to be sent by CEC Bank, asking you the bank accounts, the card numbers or the CEConline security codes. These are sent by persons trying to steal your secret codes and to have, in such manner, access to your accounts.
Do not access the links found in email or on websites which redirect you to web pages where the account or card number and/or CEConline security codes are required from you. If you receive such suspect email, please immediately redirect it to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
and then delete it from your email box.